About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Saturday 11 January 2014

A great day - and another Promarker card!!

Well, I have had an absolutely fabulous day today at Pickwell Farm in Southampton. No - I haven't had the wellies on doing some gardening! As well as a fab farm shop, Pickwell has an Aladdin's cave of a Craft Shop!! It also plays host to some great craft workshops - with fab experts. Today's workshop was 'Melt Pot Masterclass' with Hels Sheridan!! And I have had a most excellent time. Thanks to Hels and also to Carolyn from Pickwell who looked after us all so well. And it was lovely to meet the 11 other ladies - some of whom were surprisingly local to me!! I am in the process of sorting out photos and will blog more about it later! 

I also have an admission to make. I have broken my resolution of not buying anything! In my defence the purchases were essential in order that I can continue working with my melt pot and create more beautiful works of art (yes - I am trying to convince myself)!! And I did say, right from the start, that this weekend would be my downfall. However, I haven't fallen completely off the wagon!! It was just a minor flat tyre which has now been fixed and normal service will resume!! 

Anyway changing the subject entirely - following on from the last blog, this is the second card I made specifically to use my new Promarkers. The free digi this time is a cute little owl from DigiStamp Boutique. It's their monthly freebie for January 2014. And they have lots of other little cuties for sale on their website too!!

I decided to use it to enter 'I Love Promarkers' challenge of 'Use A Bow'.   The image was printed onto Elegance card.

I wanted to use browns for this card - and was a little surprised to find that, within all my lovely new pens, there really isn't a chocolate brown. I had a lovely piece of chocloate lace that I wanted to use - and just couldn't match it at all!  Undeterred, I had a slight rethink and decided on: 
This is the finished result:
I cut the owl out using Spellbinders Marvellous Squares, and the sentiment (generated on my computer) with a long scalloped rectangle. I edged them with my Tan pen. The background card was embossed with Grand Embossabilities - Dainty Dots - and was also edged with Tan. The three layered ribbons are all from my stash - a wide yellow organza (of which you can only see the edging), white satin, and a tan coloured gros-grain - from which I also tied the bow.

I can't believe that, already this year, I have blogged 5 times. I have a couple of new followers - thank you so much to them!! If you do choose to follow my blog (and I am very grateful if you do), then also leave me a message so I know who you are and can thank you! 

See you again soon!! 

Cxxx

2 comments:

  1. What a cute little card, love the image and I like the pic of the scrap of paper with your colour choices on,thank you for joining us at I♥ProMarkers this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is lovely and I can see you are having fun with your new promarkers. They do a Chocolate Brown one, Cocoa I think it is :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx