About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Friday 10 January 2014

My New Promarkers!!

I was very lucky at Christmas to receive a huge amount of Promarkers - and having spent a bit of my Christmas money (before my self-imposed 1st January cut-off date for crafty purchases) - I am now the proud owner of the full set!!! OK - so that doesn't mean I am any good at colouring in - but I like to have a go, and now don't have to work within a limited palette.

So I have decided to enter a couple of challenges specifically designed for Promarkers! This card is for 'Passion for Promarkers' Clean and Simple Challenge. This is not usually a style I go for - but thought I would give it a go!

All well and good, but my library of digi images is fairly small - so I was wondering how to get around this without having to buy anything new. I did a bit of trawling on the internet and was amazed at the amount of freebies there are out there. It' amazing the amount of designers who are willing to provide their work for free. A big thanks to all of them!! 

One such site is the amazing Bird's Cards who have lots to choose from - including digis, papers and cutting files.  I have chosen 'Daisy with Frame' from the Flowers section. I used the computer to resize the image, and added the sentiment. 

Once I had printed out the image onto Joanna Sheen 300gsm Elegance card, I coloured it in with my Promarkers. The swatch shows the colours that I have used.

I also edged the piece of card with chisel end of the Primrose pen.

This is the final result. I really had to resist the temptation to add anything else to it - but I do how it has turned out. It's not the best photo - but the camera was struggling to focus on it!

Anyway - enough for now. I will blog the second Promarker card later.
Cxx

3 comments:

  1. I think that is a great card - I like clean and simple! It looks very fresh and you are definitely getting the hang of the colouring!

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really beautiful CAS card. I love the image and wonderful colours.
    Thank you for taking part in the Passion for Promarkers Challenge this week
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card Carole and a really fab CAS design! Many thanks for joining in the fun at PFP...good luck :) Donna ♥ x

    PS: Hope you have fun with your pens x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx