About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Thursday 27 October 2016

Thinking of Christmas!!

The last couple of years, I really wasn't interested in Christmas. In 2014, my Dad had just been told he had 3 to 6 months left to live. And in 2015 we were dealing with our first Christmas without him. So I didn't have any enthusiasm for having a tree or putting up decorations. Well, this year, I seem to have found my Christmas mojo again. I have already been buying a few bits and pieces and have a couple of sewing projects in mind - a tree skirt and a table runner! My colour scheme is very neutral. Brown, cream, beige and gold - with some wooden pieces, and Scandi bunting. I think this is why I made this card in these colours!  
I have used Crafter's Companion Christmas Create a Card Cut In Die - Sparkling Bauble. I cut just the outline to create the aperture in the front, with the little bauble from the set as a dangler. At the back is the full size bauble, and the decorative strips are used down the side. They may not be conventional Christmas colours - but they're my Christmas colours.
Take care,
Cxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx