About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Friday 21 October 2016

Birthday time means new goodies!!

Morning!! It's been a while since I have blogged. Not because I have nothing to share, but just that I don't seem to have time to get on here and blog!! Anyway, just had to pop on to share with you some samples I have made using the brand new Illustrator pens from Crafter's Companion. They come with a brush nib as standard, and the other end is an ultra fine nib. There are eight packs of 6 pens, and 4 packs of 12 pens. 
The first of my samples is using a Just Inklined image called Masquerade. The colours I have used are:
Feathers: Portrait - Ivory
               Earth - Khaki, Moss Green, Raw Sienna, Goldenrod

               Tints - Vanilla, MoonlightMask: Earth - Petrol Blue, Pale Mint          Tints - Duck EggRibbon: Portrait - Ivory
             Earth - Raw Sienna, Goldenrod
             Tints - Vanilla, Moonlight

The base card is Papermill Teal card, and I have used Hobby House flowers for embellishment. The sentiment is from one of the free Crafter's Inspiration sets!

Don't forget to join Leann at 10 on Hochanda for the launch!! 
Cxxx

2 comments:

  1. Are the illustrator pens different shades than the regular SN markers? Are they still refillable? Are they the same quality? I've heard the price point will be lower. Thanks for any answers. I'm in the US, so I don't have access to HOCHANDA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amber - if you pop on to Leann Chivers Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/leann.chivers/), she has put a link to a document that I think answers your questions more thoroughly than I could put in a message. The price point here for the Illustrator is higher - a 6 pack of Illustrator are RRP £12.99 as compared to a 6 pack of Spectrum Noir RRP £7.99. Hope that helps. Cxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx