About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Monday 7 March 2016

Day 67 - A few ink pads!!

I love all sorts of crafting, and dabble a little in most things. I love digi stamps and colouring with my marker pens. But, despite the fact that own a lot of rubber and acrylic stamps, it's not something I do a lot of. Mostly because I never get good images - which doesn't matter too much when I'm doing canvases, mixed media etc. But I rarely stamp for colouring in - or for sentiments. 

So, I decided that I seem to have all the necessary bits and pieces - except perhaps the right inks. I am a Distress Ink person - and own the lot. They do all the things I like doing - including distressed style stamping, and edging. But they don't give a crisp stamped image. I also own brown, black and grey Stazon, and brown and black Memento and Archival inks. But that's pretty much where it ends. I rarely use embossing powders - although I do own a Perfect Medium pad.

My idea was to get myself a range of coloured ink pads that would cover a few jobs: clear, detailed stamping; stamping images for colouring with my Spectrum Noir pens; stamping for images to use with my Spectrum Aqua pens and AquaBlend pencils. 

I consulted with all my fellow DT members, and decided to get myself a selection of Memento Dew Drops, and the mini VersaFine pads. After a perusal on the web, I came across a lovely site called Sticky Tiger! And I found rather a lot of ink pads just falling into my basket. Oops!!  Oh - and their customer service is superb! I had a phone call from Nicola as she realised I wanted them quickly but wanted to discuss the postage solution for my parcel - she was concerned my selected option would not be the best one! 
Anyway, it seems that when it comes to colouring/coloured items (inks, pens, pencils, paints, coloured cardstock, gilding waxes etc) I have this need to have the complete set - all the colours available. Apparently it makes me a "completist"! It's strange, but I don't have same need with dies or embossing folders or stamps. Just things to do with colour! And it's really niggling me that they didn't have the Smokey Grey VersaFine - I'm going to have to track that down pretty soon as it will irritate me no end!! 

Been too busy to play so far - may have to wait until Friday!!
Cxxx

1 comment:

  1. Fab collection there Carole hope you enjoy using them.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx