About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Wednesday 27 January 2016

Day 27 - Letters for a lady

Evening all!! The day job has finally quietened down, so, for the first time in 3 weeks, I had the whole day to myself!! And I have tomorrow too!! Took the opportunity to go for a run this morning - 7.5K of mud and puddles - brilliant fun!! Was hoping it might kill off the yukky tummy feeling I've had for the past few days - but it doesn't appear to have!! 

Spent a fair bit of the rest of the day doing crafty stuff. But what I am realising doing this image a day thing, is that a lot of what I am working on cannot be shared yet as it's either DT stuff or for someone's birthday etc. 

So today, I am digging into a small collection of photos of projects from last year that, for one reason or another, I didn't get round to sharing. This one was made for a special lady who, amongst other things, looks after us on the Crafter's Companion Design Teams. If you've got your copy of Crafter's Inspiration 9, then you will have seen the fab article about her in there. 
I started with the letters, cut using my Crafter's Companion 3" Letter dies - but I can't remember which CD the papers came from (it was a while ago - and for some reason I didn't write it all down)! I do love alphabet dies (something that Emma knows!!) The white squares are cut with the insert dies from the Die'sire Create a Card Square Accordion, using Fresh White double sided Centura Pearl.  The fancy edge is cut with the free Edge'able die that came with a previous Crafter's Inpsiration magazine.
Back tomorrow,
Cxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx