About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Saturday 27 June 2015

Wedding Time!!

I realise it's been nearly a fortnight since I blogged - so will hopefully make up for it now and blog a little more regularly. 

A friend's little sister got married recently - at the same place my husband and I got married. She asked me to make a boxed card for her, based on one I made a couple of years ago for a challenge. I'm not that keen on re-creating layouts - so always have to give it a little twist. Anyway - please excuse the photos - am not sure why they didn't come out too clearly.
So, I dug out my Angelina fibres (it took a while to find them - it's been a while since they've seen the light of day!) and my iron (yes - that doesn't get used that often either!) - and created the material to cut the large hearts from. 
I used a combination of  Centura Pearl Snow wWhite Hint of Silver and plain white card. For the horizontal mat on both the box and the card, I used Embossalicious A4 Dottie folder and an insert from Spellbinders Classic Bracket Edgeabilities. For the vertical mat, I used Embossalicious 8x8 Elegant Orchid folder and an insert from Spellbinders Classic Postage Stamp Edgeabilities. 
The silver embossed card used for matting, is from my local market - and I printed the sentiment from the computer. All the hearts were cut with XCut dies. 

If I'm honest, I would have liked to change the layout and materials a lot more - but she was very specific. And while I know she was really pleased with it - a little bit of me is disappointed with how close it is to the original!! Silly really, I suppose, as it was the original that she really liked and wanted!!   

Anyway, back soon (hopefully!!)
Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx