About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Monday 29 June 2015

Crafty Cardmakers and More #142 - Sentiments!!

Afternoon!! It's that time again - time for a new challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and More. The lovely Jackie has chosen 'Sentiments' for this challenge. We would love to see your creations where the sentiment is the main focus, but as long as the sentiment is there and clear enough for us to see, then that will be fine!!
I initially thought I would do a white on white card, then changed my mind, deciding on a cream on cream card instead.
So, I had a rummage in my card box, and came up with the plain, hammered and pearl cream card. I used the plain to make a base card, and used more of it to cut with my Die'sire 6x6 Aurora Create a Card die, and inked through with Antique Linen Distress Ink.
With the hammered card, I made a large mat for the base, and cut a strip of pearl to go across the middle. Around this I wrapped wide cream organza, cream satin, organza edged with satin, and a thin satin. The Create a Card needed cutting down a little to fit, and I used Die'sire Essentials Circles and hammered card, to create a mat for the sentiment, and Scalloped circles to create a smaller pearl mat. 

The sentiment is Die'sire Only Words Special Day, and I cut this in pearl and also in a slightly darker scrap of taupe to create a drop shadow so it would stand out. The cream roses, a large bow, and the pearl embellishments finished the whole thing off.

Don't forget to pop over to the Crafty Cardmakers and More blog to check out all the inspiration from the rest of the design team. 

I would like to enter this into:
Creatalicious Challenges - #76 Ribbon and Pearls
Paper Creator's Crafts - #39 Anything Goes

Back soon.
Cxxx

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Carole love the cream on cream very elegant, love the sentiment.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Carole, just beautiful.
    Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an elegant card !
    Thanks for your participation at the Paper Creator challenge ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this entry, it's super special! thank you for sharing with Creatalicious, Jackie CT member.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "ribbon & pearls” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
    (DT Come and Get It)
    (DT Crafty Friends)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx