About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Saturday 6 June 2015

A Birthday Gift!

Evening - over the past few weeks three of my friends celebrated their birthdays. And as usual, I have been busy making gifts and card for them.  
This is one of the gifts I made. I decided to use one of the A4 fabric companions from the Halcyon Days CD, printed onto canvas. I distressed the edges with my Tim Holtz distress tool, and mounted it onto a couple of the co-ordinating papers from the CD.

The pallet art that I have used is from Stamps Away. I wanted to go for the distressed whitewashed look but was feeling a bit lazy and didn't really want to face all the sanding involved. So I had a bit of a trawl on the internet and found a great blog post called 'How to Distress Paint with Vaseline". And it's really that simple. You just apply Vaseline to the places that you don't want paint - and then paint!!
You let the paint almost completely dry, and then wipe it away. I did two layers with white Gesso - and wiped while the paint was still a little wet - this left some thinner, streakier layers. I assembled the pallet with wood glue.
Here are the other two - the image and papers for the top one are also from Halcyon Days, while the bottom one is from Sugar and Spice. 
They absolutely loved them - so I was very happy!! 

Back soon,
Cxxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx