About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Saturday 11 April 2015

Napkin Fold Kimono Card

Morning! I am back today with another card made using the fab new Kimono CD from Crafter's Companion. I decided to make a Napkin fold card as it reminded me of oriental style origami!! There are lots of tutorials for these out there on the Internets, but I used the measurements from Beccy's Place as these were ideal for what I wanted to achieve.
I cut a 12x12 piece of red card down to 11x11. I then scored it at 2 3/4" and 8 1/4", turned the card a quarter turn and repeated. I then marked the centre of each side (5 1/2") and scored between these four points to make the diagonal scores. And finally I scored the diagonals on the four corner squares (not shown on this photo). The vertical and horizontal  lines need to be folded one way. Then turn the card over to fold the diagonals.
For the large triangles, start by cutting a 5"x5" square - then cut it in half! It's that easy. The smaller triangles need a 4 3/4" square, cut into four. I edged them all with Black Soot Distress Ink.
It's just a case of choosing which papers you want where! All the papers are from the CD, printed onto Satin Finish Paper - the bright blue one was created using the colouriser! I stuck the triangles on both sides of the card, so that it would look good from all angles.
I printed the Topper Companion out at A5 size, and mounted it onto some of the paper. The fans and the circles are from the Embellishment sections. 
To make the band, I cut a strip of red card 3 3/8" wide, and used more of the papers and the smaller topper from the Topper Companion sheet to decorate it. 
There are lots of beautiful pastel colours on the CD - but there are also lots of opportunities to make things a little bolder and brighter like this!! 

There are lots of sneak peeks coming from the Design Teams over the weekend, in the run up to the launch on Monday! And if you're on Pinterest, there's a new board just for Kimono on the Crafter's Companion Pinterest page.

Be back tomorrow with another share!!
Cxxx

2 comments:

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx