About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Tuesday 14 April 2015

Beautiful A4 Presentation Box!!

Today's share is an A4 presentation box decorated with one of the A4 decoupage designs. I used A3 Centura Pearl Hint of Gold and my Big Score.
For the box lid and base, I cut two pieces of the card to 10 3/4" x 14 1/4". I then scored one sheet on the Box Lid edge at 1 1/4", and the other on the Box Base edge - also at 1 1/4".
I cut another piece of card to 10 1/2" x 14". This was for the frame insert in the box base. I scored each side at 1/4", 1 1/4", 2 1/8", 3 1/8", 3 3/8". 
Next, I cut out the centre rectangle, using a craft knife.
At each corner, I made a diagonal cut to the where the third score lines from the outside meet. I also made cuts to form the tabs - as shown on the above photo.
I then folded and burnished the score lines, starting from the aperture in the middle and working to the outside.
Using some of the scraps, I cut four pieces of card 2 1/2" x 7/8". I scored each of these at 1 1/4". These are to fill in and strengthen the corners. Add glue as shown above.
Then stick the corner pieces to the frame.
Finally stick the corners (sorry - I seem to have put the watermark right over the relevant bit!!).
I stuck a sheet of the paper on the inside of the base of the box, then stuck the frame on top, using the box base to secure it.
I filled the box with notecards made from printing A6 notepaper from the Design Set onto card. I then added a shaped topper to each. The envelopes, notepaper, pillow box and tags are also from the Design Set.
After making the box lid, I stuck a piece of the pink/purple paper as a base, then added the A4 decoupage over the top.
I added a few fabric flowers and pearls for decoration.
And this is the completed presentation box. Don't forget to tune in to see Fiona with the Kimono Collection on Create and Craft. She's on at 9, 4 and 7 - providing the stock lasts!!
Take care,
Cxxx

2 comments:

  1. Carole, For me this is Kimono representation at its best. My favorite so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marilyn. Your artwork is just so beautiful - it was fantastic to work with! Cxxx

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx