About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Thursday 4 December 2014

Embossed Curly Wreath!

On Monday, Fiona will be back on Create and Craft showcasing some Darice Embossing Folders. One of the folders I had to work with was the 12.5" x 2.5" Stars Border. I decided to go all out and made this wreath!!
I decided to use a variety of techniques and materials to create my wreath. I got the basic idea for the curly wreath from here.
I used orange Core'dinations, run through the folder and sanded back. I printed some papers from the Halcyon Days, Sugar and Spice, and Scruffy Little Cat CDs onto Centura Pearl Hint of Gold - one double sided, and two just onto the back. The double sided one, I embossed and sanded back. For the other two, I inked the folder with Ripe Persimmon DI - I used the positive side for one, and the negative for the other. I also used Kraft card, again inking the folder - on the negative for some, and the positive for other. 
Finally, I embossed some vellum, then used a ball tool to add larger areas of white. On some of the vellum strips, I also used my Spectrum Noir pencils - 007, 024 - to add a little colour.
I used the handle of my quilling tool to curl the strips (cut to 1.5cm wide) from either end. If you use thinner paper it's easier to curl. To attach the curls to the polystyrene, I used pins, starting around the outside and building up.
Remember to tie some rbbon around the wreath before you cover the outside completely - otherwise it becomes very tricky. 

Make sure you tune in on Monday.
Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx