About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Monday 8 December 2014

Crafty Cardmakers - Challenge 129 - Christmas!!

Welcome to the last Crafty Cardmakers challenge of 2014!! And our theme this time is Christmas. If, like me, you always intend to make yours early - and never do, then this is a perfect one for you to get going. We have two sponsors this time. Firstly Sir Stampalot, and also we have a prize from our lovely team mate Kim Reygate, who is offering a wonderful array of goodies (check out the picture).

I have a group of friends who I always make cards for - and because we all meet up together, I tend to use the same theme for each of them - but with a twist. This year I fancied going for a really vintage gold feel to the cards.
For each card I used a different one of the many papers from Crafter's Companion Vintage Christmas CD. 
I used CC Kraft card to matt and layer a large square piece of the paper for the base of the easel card (these are Craftwork Cards Scallop Circle Easel cards), and for the rectangle across the front.
I then cut a large Kraft circle, and two smaller ones, to use with similarly cut circles of the paper. I also cut out two pieces of holly using the smaller CC Holly die.
I embossed the holly and Kraft circles using either the A4 Embossalicious Holiday Holly or Let It Snow - depending on the paper design.
I inked over all the embossed pieces, and around the edges of all the Kraft pieces, with Old Paper DI.
All the wooden toppers come from the same box of Papermania Wooden Christmas shapes. I did nothing to them, apart from adding a piece of ribbon, and some pearls.
The stopper for each card is a CC Small Fringed Quilling Flower - this is fast becoming my favourite of all the quilling flowers. Some more ribbon and pearls were used as embellishments!

So, you have two weeks to join in with the challenge - plenty of time to get those last minute Christmas cards made. Pop over to the Crafty Cardmakers blog to check out all the inspiration from the team - and to add your project!! 

I would like to enter this into:
Paper Creators - All About Christmas
We Do Doobadoo - Get Festive
Dragon's Lair - Christmas
Crafting By Designs - All Things Christmas

Take care!
Cxx

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Carole! Love the neutral tones and the chipboard bits are stunning! Happy holidays! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful collection of cards. Your Gold and Kraft Colour scheme is gorgeous and your papers and dies are really pretty and the wooden toppers are great. Sally D.x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards, I so much loved the Kraft color here and lovely use of those Chipboard pieces

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure your friends will love to receive such gorgeous Christmas Cards. Jacqui DT for Dragons Lair Designs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Carole, these cards are amazing! I love the kraft (one of my favorite colors), the design, and all of those wooden toppers! I love Papermania stuff too! And yes, I l.o.v.e.d. your inspiration projects in the Consumer Crafts magazine! You lucky girl! ;)
    Hugs,
    Leslie
    Love To Scrap!
    Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog
    Lost Coast Designs
    Crafty Cardmakers and more

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cards Carole, great colour scheme and images.
    Thanks for visiting me too, crafty hugs, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous collection of cards Carole, you really have been a busy bunny.
    I hope that you get the chance to get on with your own Christmas things now all the DT stuff is out of the way.
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous set of cards Carole, I love the fancy circular 'tags'. Have a lovely Christmas. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cards - thanks for the inspiration. I like the fancy circles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are gorgeous Carole. Hopefully you can settle down and have a well needed break for a week or two.

    Thanks for all your hard work this year.

    Lin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx