About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Tuesday 7 October 2014

Crafter's Companion October Challenge - Buttons and Bows

Hello!! It's challenge time again over at Crafter's Companion. The theme is Buttons and Bows - so we would like to see your projects using Buttons and Bows!!

There's a slight change to the rules from this month forwards. To enter for the Random Prize Draw, all you need to do is follow the theme - you do not necessarily need to use Crafter's Companion products.
To also be in with a chance of Card of the Month or Top 3, then you will need to use CC products - so the choice is up to you. 

I have made a little canvas using bits and bobs from the Vintage Floral CD. It is fast becoming my favourite CC CD!!! 
I started with a 5x7 canvas - and one of those little square deep ones - and painted both with Pebeo Antique White paint. I printed one of the papers from the CD onto CC's Printable Parchment Paper, and used Mod Podge to apply it to both of the canvases. 

The collage effect is created from elements of the Ephemera section - including the Buttons and Bows - again printed onto Parchment paper and applied using Mod Podge. To keep with the Vintage feel, I printed the sentiment and paper bow onto Neenah Desert Storm. 

A little bit of Colall Tacky Glue dotted around provided the adhesion for Stampendous Frantage Colour Fragments in Rose and Taupe. The buttons, ribbon, pearl and paper flower are from my stash. The flower was cream - so I grunged it up with Scattered Straw, Worn Lipstick and Forest Moss DI.

Don't forget you have until the end of the month to get your entries in here!! We look forward to seeing your creations!!

Back soon!

Cxxx


3 comments:

  1. A gorgeous decorated canvas, your choice of colours and embellishments work wonderfully with the vintage feel. Sally D.x.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx