About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Tuesday 21 October 2014

Butterflies and Cupcakes!!

Morning! Today's box is a little 'Single Cupcake Presentation Box'. I cut an aperture before fixing the box together, and used acetate with a little frame inside the box to hide the sticky.
The box itself is made with the double sided Fresh White Centura Pearl, and the green gingham is from the Sweet Treats collection. It has a really funky design with red cherries on the reverse - but using this side with the white makes it quite elegant. 

For the sides, I have used the Die'sire Chantilly Lace Stamping Frame, with Essentials Circles. And of course the Essential Beautiful Butterflies - one of my favourites from the collection.
Inside the box you can see the piece where the cupcake sits. The aperture is cut with a Cupcake Insert die - much easier than cutting them out by hand.  The wrapper (Daisy) then sits beautifully inside the aperture with space to get your fingers in to remove the cupcake.
For many of the boxes I have made, I have also made the little cupcake decoration. It's very simple. This one is just more of the butterflies (2 for each side) with the end of a kebab stick sandwiched between with Collall 3D Glue. You could use cocktail stick - but the kebab sticks are more substantial.

Keep watching out today for more Birthday Week Goodies!! 
Back later! 
Cxxx

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh I hope this box is one of the ones featured on the new cdrom for the new scoring board!!!

    Lin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx