About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Saturday 18 October 2014

Anyone for cake?

Good morning to you all!! I've had a couple of days away celebrating my recent wedding anniversary - and typically I missed out on the start of all the fun!! Crafter's Companion will be celebrating their 9th Birthday very soon - and there are loads of new goodies being launched!! Lots of my fellow team-mates have been busy sharing their sneak peeks - and although I missed out on the start, I was lucky enough to have one of my makes used for launching the sneak peeks on Facebook.

So this first project you may well have seen before. This is a double cupcake presentation box. 
Once I had cut the aperture, I used some heat resistant acetate to cover it, and cut another 'frame' to cover the inside. For decoration, I embossed some red Core'dinations card with the Beautiful Bunting folder, sanded it back, and cut it out to attach to the box. 

The rosette on the top comes from the Tutorial CD - there's a great collection of bows, rosettes, tags and sentiments on the CD ready to print and cut. The circles and scalloped circles are cut with Die'sire Essential dies. The flowers are sprayed with Pearl Diamond Spray and Sparkle. 
The decorative wraps are cut with one of the fab new wrapper dies - this one is called Daisy - and they sit neatly inside the apertures cut with the insert die. For this box, I used a couple of little buckets and filled one with flowers - and the others with sweets! So you don't just have to use them for cupcakes.

Both this box and the one below were made from the same card - the gorgeous new A3 double sided Sweet Treats card. In this case the gorgeous stripey rose design on one side - and the polka dots on the other.
This one is a single cupcake Takeaway box. I used the rosette again - this time with a different sentiment. The main mats and layers are the reverse side of the card - and I used the Chantilly Lace stamping frame to cut the decorative ones.  
Again - I decided to fill the box with something other than cupcakes - this time it's a jar of sweets!!
So - keep a look out on Facebook and the Website for more sneak peeks for Birthday week. All the teams have been busy - so there will something for everyone to fall in love with.

Back tomorrow with more!!
Cxxx

3 comments:

  1. What beautiful boxes and so useful for giving gifts. The little buckets are a great idea for the sweets and flowers. Hope you have a good weekend. Sally D.x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both so beautiful and super creative Carole! Congratulations on having your project featured, you deserve it! I love all the pinks and reds, just stunning! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like your ideas for gifts that fit in the box. I don't bake so they would be better for me to do x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx