About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Thursday 3 July 2014

Crafter's Companion - July Challenge - Show Off Your Sentiments

A very good afternoon to you!! Hope you are enjoying as much sunshine as we have had so far today - it's been beautiful - even though I have been indoors for most of it. Been a busy one - and doesn't look like slowing down anytime soon!! Think I'm busy now for the rest of the month!!! Mustn't complain as it's mostly crafty stuff - and that's got to be good. And talking of good, after the two successes mentioned in my last post, I have another one to tell you about. I was chosen as a top 3 Inspirational at Red Rubber Inspirationals blog - this was for my birdhouse card again!! And my lovely new badge is over there on the right!! 

Anyway - Crafter's Companion have launched their new challenge for July. It's called - Show Off Your Sentiments - so you need to feature a CC sentiment prominently on your project!!
Here is my contribution to this month's inspiration. It's a joy fold card, and I have used a sentiment from Sheena Douglass' A Little Bit Sketchy - King for a Day set - The man who has no imagination, has no wings'.

I used the Die'sire Create a Card - Enchanted - die to cut and emboss the teal mat, layering it over orange card. The sentiment is on Neenah Solar White, and backed with grey and Centura Pearl Snow White - Hint of Silver. The left hand panel is more of the orange and teal, with the Centura Pearl embossed with Embossalicious A4 Ornate Butterflies. 
The colour combination seems a little unusual, and that's because I wanted to include one of the images from the stamp set as well - on the inside. The kingfisher (from the King for a Day set) was just calling out for me to attempt to colour it - and I decided to give the Spectrum Noir Pen/Pencil combo a try for the first time.
So this first image is coloured just with pens: CR1,2,3, FS9, OR1,2,3, BT1,2,4,5,6,9, TB1,2,3  and the second has the pencils on the top: 118, 120, 1, 112, 92, 91, 84, 69, 74, 53, 54, 55, 62, 65.
The difference doesn't show up too well in the photos - but I was quite pleased with how vibrant the colours appeared after applying the pencils. Lots more practice needed - but not a bad first attempt.

This is the inside of the card. The Centura pearl on the left and middle panels has been embossed with Embossalicious A4 Dottie folder, and the panel on right with the 6x6 Floral Frenzy folder. The sentiment on the right is from Sheena Douglass - Free as a Bird - set. I used the Die'licious 1" Alphabet Dies for the IMAGINE - and used my computer for the '... and be as .... '   To finish off I used ribbons and buttons from my stash.

Now it's over to you to 'Show Off Your Sentiments' - looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Click on the picture at the top of the page to go to the FB to add your project! 

Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx