About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Friday 20 June 2014

What a totally chilled day!!!

I have had a really lovely day today. It started this morning with a great Wake Up Work Out paddleboarding session out in the harbour - with the sun shining down. Whilst I can usually stay upright when padding, I do struggle when we do the balancing excercises - especially turning round on the board. But today, I was much better and was able to turn 360 degrees without wobbling and falling off today!! Must be improving!! I then spent some time in the sun, tidying up my garden. And finished off with a great dinner of fresh mackerel caught by my OH. Just wonderful!!! 

Today's post is a card I made for a friend to give to her twin sister for her 40th birthday. she wanted bright colours - and a cocktail glass. So, I used Whimsie Doodles 'Margarita' digi stamp from the Summer Fun collection. 
I coloured the image with my Spectrum Noirs:
           Lime - LG5, JG1, JG5            Cherry - BP1, BP6, PP6          Cocktail Stick - BT4 
           Cocktail - HB3, LV2, LV3        Shading - IG1, IG2

The base card was made from Centura Pearl Snow White and it was then a case of matting and layering.The fuchsia card is also Centura Pearl, while the blue and green are Bazzill. The design papers are all from my stash. I think the green and purple are Papermania, the turquoise is from DCWV Luxury Card stack, and I have no idea about the pink. 

The two borders are cut from Centura Pearl with Spellbinders Classic Scallop Edgeability, and one of the inserts. I wrapped turquoise organza ribbon around them both. The numbers and letters are cut with Crafter's Companion 1" number and alphabet die sets. To finish off I added a little glitter glue to the top of the glass, some purple ric rac and a couple of sparklers (from The Works).
As ever, there is a matching box - using more of the card and papers. 

I would like to enter this into:
Charisma Cardz - Sparkle and Shine (glitter glue on glass - and sparklers)
Cuttin and Stampin - Birthdays

Am off to a workshop with the fabulous Hels Sheridan - so hopefully will have something to share from that in the next few days. 

Cxxx

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Cuttin' and Stampin'! :)

    hugs,
    Jo:)
    http://joboogie.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx