About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Tuesday 24 June 2014

Sunshine - and Flowers!!

Good morning!! A what a fabulous one it is too!! The sun is shining - and I have lots to do today!! The garden is calling to me - there's still so much tidying up to do. I managed to finish weeding the veg patch yesterday, but there's a pile of top soil that needs spreading over some of it. And the leeks need planting out. And the border's at that point where some stuff has gone over and really needs sorting out. A gardener's job is never done!!

But It's going to have to wait as I have commissions to do!! I will, however, pop out at some point to pick some strawberries and raspberries. Have had a little bowlful every day for a while now - I just love growing my own stuff - stepping out the back door and picking fruit,  collecting a few salad leaves for lunch, or digging a few spuds and veggies for dinner!! Perfect!! 
Today's post is a card I made a while ago at a workshop with Dee Paramour, and never got round to blogging - and because of that I have forgotten the details of some of the items used - but never mind - you'll get the idea.

We started by embossing a piece of white card - I think I used the Sea Grass folder - and then used the direct to paper method to ink over the embossing. I used Mustard Seed (or it could have been Wild Honey). 
The flowers were also cut from white card - with Sue Wilson's Finishing Touches Classic Rose die - and inked with Shaded Lilac and Mustard Seed (?) The 'backing' flowers were cut from black card. The leaves are from the same set - inked with Bundled Sage.

For the sentiment banner, we squished the ink pads directly onto a craft mat, spritzed with water, and then smooshed (technical term !!) a piece of card in the ink!!  Having dried it with a heat gun, I then stamped a sentiment, and cut it to shape. It was fixed to the card with a little bend in it to give dimension. The finishing touch is a bow made from black seam binding. 

So, off to do busy things!! Hope you all have a great day!!

Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx