About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Sunday 29 June 2014

New Home card!

Where has the morning gone? Did a bit of gardening first thing as my poor leeks were still waiting to be planted out!! But have just really been pottering doing not very much!! Really need to get on with some card making this afternoon, so thought I'd blog now and can then focus on that after lunch. 

A little bit of excitement this week, as my Cupcake card was chosen as a top 3 pick at Crafts 4 Eternity.  And my Birdhouse card won me a $10 voucher from Creative Knockouts to spend at The Stamping Chef. Am really looking forward to spending this as I have seen some lovely digi papers on the site!!

Anyway - this is a quick card I made a while back when I needed a new home card. The backing card and topper are from an old Kanban kit - Well Wishes and Celebrations - Fly Away Home sheet. I mounted the oval topper onto the matching rectangular mat. 
I mounted some gold mirror and white pearl card onto a red square card blank, then used some of the matching red dotty card. A piece of the border strip was placed down the side, and the topper stuck on so that it hung over each edge. I used red pearls on the card, and little black 'gems' on the flowers and cat's collar to finish it off.

I would like to enter this into:
Aud Sentiments - 2 word sentiment (New Home)

Take care,
Cxxxx

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card. I really like the colours. It's good to re-visit old kits every now and again, isn't it? Melissa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really pretty card Carole! A couple of things really stand out for me - I love the border strip down the left with the dotted paper matted on your gold mirror CS, the cat's bow is also a nice detail on the black cat silhouette, and the best is allowing the panel to hang over the edges. Gives a unique look to the card! Thank you for sharing your project & creativity with us!
    ~ginny,
    DT for Aud Sentiments: [#109 "Use a TWO Word Sentiment"]
    RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely! You have made it all coordinate so well, and the polkas are great! Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments this challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx