About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Tuesday 13 May 2014

Three Little Houses - the Sequel!!

A quick post today and just when you thought it was safe ....... here I am with three more of those little houses!! Have to say - they've been very popular! 
As before, I painted the wood with Magnolia emulsion - this time with a base coat of Pomegranate, then sanded the edges down. With the first one, I used Eco Green Copper paint for the mat, and Aged Mahogony for the sentiment (Creative Expressions Thoughtful Sentiments). The beads are from a broken piece of jewellery - and the little heart button from my stash.
The second one has a base of Orchid paint, and the mat is painted with Pomegranate. A little heart brad and two pearl hearts finished it off.
And for the last one, the base coat was Lake, and the mat Blue Patina. Another brad and a few buttons for the finishing touches.

Hope you have been tuning in to the Pick of the Week with Leann!! I have been busy beavering away on all sorts of things - and in a very brief lull today, I have managed to get one order made!! Still have 3 challenge projects to make along with other 'items' that I am working on.

See you soon!!
Cxx

Cxxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx