About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Tuesday 20 May 2014

Day 4 of Crafter's Companion Halcyon Days Sneaky Peeks

Good morning!! And welcome to my new followers - thanks for your support! Have woke up with a really sore throat this morning, so feeling a little sorry for myself. Am going to spend the day crafting as have 3 challenge projects to make!! Anyway, lots of photos today as for my next sneaky peek I am sharing my Memory Book. 

The book itself is made from CC Matt Black and Kraft card. The cover is embossed with the Embossalicious 8x8 Beautiful Bunting folder, and has one of the Card Frames on top - not to be confused with the Frame Cards - like the one I shared yesterday. I chose this one because I loved the teal colour and also because of the background - it's all about memories and remembering - so I thought it ideal for a memory book. The sentiment was perfect too. I laid a Chantilly Stamping Frame cut from Kraft card over the top, having first adhered another paper underneath. I also used the same image from the Epiphany sheets with one of the caps. The book was bound with my Bind It All, and I added some ribbons and pearls (as I usually do)!!

I chose to use photos from a day out my husband and I had last summer. I avoided photos of me (apart from one) - and stuck to pictures of the food and scenery!!
We started with an early lunch of crab tart at a lovely place by the sea. There are several sheets in the embellishment section that have these little photo record cards and matching embellishments - perfect for a memory book. On each facing page, I used one of the toppers, a frame (either Elegance, Chantilly or Cameo), a border, some of the embellishments and a sentiment. 
I have also used an image from the Epiphany sheets on each page - this one is Round 25!
I am hoping that the book will show off the range of papers and toppers that are on the CD - not that I have used anywhere near all of them! But there is such a variety!!
One of the highlights of the day was a fabulous afternoon tea in the sunshine - lots of scrummy goodies - and there are so many toppers on the CD with equally gorgeous cakes and such!
After I had taken these photos, I decided to add a few pearls to the inside sheets as well as the cover - and I also used some Luminarte Silks Acrylic Glaze in Ice to highlight parts of the toppers. I am really loving this product as I really don't like loose glitter (mostly because of the mess I make with it) but I love the subtle shimmer this gives.
Don't forget to check out the Crafter's Companion FB page for more projects from the other DT members - and I will try my best to post as many as I can on my FB page too. I love to hear your comments - so please feel free to do so - and if you would like to follow me, then there are all sorts of options on the side bar!! 

Back tomorrow with another one!!
Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx