About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Friday 9 May 2014

Crafter's Companion May Challenge - For My Dad!!

It's time for another challenge over at Crafter's Companion. Last month's was a great success on the new FB page - so thanks to everyone who entered!! 

This month the theme is Masculine - and this has coincided just brilliantly with my Dad's birthday at the weekend! (It's OK - he won't see this on here!!).  - so I knew just what card I wanted to make.
Having been lucky enough to play with the Camden Town Male CD for the launch last month, I knew just what I wanted to make for him!! He loves gardening (it must be where I get it from) so I knew the garden shed images would be perfect. I printed Design Set 1 onto Centura Pearl Hint Of Gold, and put it back through the printer to make it double sided with Co-ordinating Paper 5. Having done this on a second piece of card, I then printed the house template onto both. 
 
I cut out both templates - leaving an extra piece on one to overlap - and I cut off the chimneys as I was going for a shed look rather than a house.  The focal image is from the Decoupage section. It had the sentiment Grandad on it - so I cut this off and replaced it with 'Dad' from the Sentiments section. The little sign on the shed still says 'Grandad's Shed' - but he'll love that anyway!! 
The matting and layering are a combination of offcuts from both sides of the printed Centura Pearl - and another Co-ordinating Paper - this time in blue. I also used some Neenah Desert Storm embossed with the 6x6 Floral Frenzy folder.

I like to ink the edges of most things I do - so here I have used a combination of Forest Moss and Faded Jeans Distress Inks. It's all finished off with a button and twine from my stash. 

You still have plenty of time to play along with the challenge - so pop on over to the Facebook page and play along!! We look forward to seeing all your lovely entries!! 

Don't forget - if you like, you can follow me on my FB page - Papercraft By Carole - or click on the links at the side to sign up with Google, Bloglovin or Pinterest!! Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx