About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Friday 4 April 2014

Flower Box!

I had a fab time at Pickwell Farm last Saturday, with the wonderful Julie Hickey! She had so many great projects for us to make. This is just one of them. When I saw what we were going to do, I just knew I had to make it for a good friend of mine who has been very poorly.
These box cards seem to be all the rage at the moment, and Craftwork Cards have made them really easy with pre-scored blanks. The papers and flowers are all from the Monochrome range. I have added some colour with Peacock Blue DI - and coloured white Candy to match. 
It's quite straightforward to make - once you know how - and Julie gave us some really useful tips to ensure that it would fold down (relatively) flat and fit inside an A5 envelope. 

Will blog more of the projects later.

Cxxx

2 comments:

  1. I've made one of these boxes and everyone who has seen tit has loved it so i will be making more when I get a chance. Hope you friend is feeling better soon and with this to cheer them I would think they will be :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Carole! What a lovely blog! I have spent an enjoyable morning browsing your pretty artwork, and pinned several of your card designs. Love your unique style and pretty use of die cuts and papers! I especially liked your multi-layered, pink multi-fold gate card below. Gorgeous!

    I have become your newest google follower and look forward to seeing your new designs! hugs, de {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx