About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Thursday 10 April 2014

Fanfare Please ---- it's Crafter's Companion Sneaky Peek time!!!

Good evening one and all!! This is soooo exciting!! Having had a really relaxing day yesterday pottering around and tidying up in my garden, I am now feeling really excited to share with you my first ever sneaky peak for a Crafter's Companion Launch!! If you have loved the Camden Town stamps that Crafter's Companion have brought you in the past, then you will love these two new Camden Town CD's packed full of crafting goodies. One CD is full of fantastic things for the ladies - and the other is crammed with cool stuff for the men!! 

Dawn Wheeler will be showing off the CD's on Create and Craft (Sky 671, Virgin 748, Freeview 36, Freesat 813) on Thursday 17th April at 8am, 11am, 2pm, 4pm and 7pm. 

I have been working with the men's CD - and found loads to keep me busy!! This project is an A5 Pocket Card with a tag and envelope for a gift tag - made from two pieces of A4 card.
I printed the toppers in both A4 and A5 sizes onto Centura Pearl Hint of Gold card - this fabulous wine topper with the burgundy colours looks fab printed onto it!! I did the same with the tag from the Tag Companions section of the CD - and it's a very generous size.
To decorate the card, I used a combination of the Design and Co-ordinating papers, along with some Core'dinations card. I embossed the card with Embossalicious 8x8 Chantilly Corner folder, and sanded it back with my Sand It and Dust Buddy. 

The 3"x4.5" envelope was made using my Enveloper board - perfect size for a gift card.  I also made it portrait rather than landscape, so that it would peep out of the pocket. The decorative oval is cut using Die'sire Cameo Stamping Frame. As you can see, the card does stand up - and inside is a A5 insert printed from the CD.
So there you have it - my very first sneaky peak!! There are more sneaky peaks from other DT members that will be appearing on Twitter and Facebook over the next week - and I will have more for you over the coming days!! So stay tuned!! 

And if you have ever wondered which of the Greatest British Craft Fairs will be taking place near you.  Or fancy a little trip away for some crafty shopping. Then look no further.!Crafter's Companion has a great map showing their pick of the major Craft Fairs. Click here to go to the site to check it out!! 

Would love to know what you think of the new CD - so, if you have the time, please leave me a message!! Don't forget you can follow my blog through Google or email from the icons on the sidebar - or if you prefer to do so through Facebook, then feel free to 'like' my Papercraft By Carole page where I will post all my blog updates.

Will be back tomorrow with my next sneaky peak!! 

Cxxx

1 comment:

  1. ooh so excited love sneeky peeks!!! Your project is just fabulous love the pocket you have made.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx