About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Wednesday 26 March 2014

Do you believe in Faeries?

Another project from my Crafter's Companion DT application. This one is a canvas using another download from the website - Faerie Poppets.

There are 6 images on the download, but I particularly liked the colours of this image - really clean and fresh!! 
I started by covering the 8x8 canvas with a mixture of Eco-Green Butternut and White acrylic paint, I let this begin to dry and then added another layer in the opposite direction. By using a heat tool, I then created the cracks and splits. The scrape paint technique was then used to apply the Periwinkle and Lime on top.
The swirls on the background were created using stamps from Sheena Douglass' Berries and Poppies sets. I coloured onto them with Amethyst, Green Shoot and China Blue Promarkers and stamped them on the canvas. The borders were cut from Bazzill card stock using Spellbinders Triple Scallop Edgeability and an insert from the Ric Rac set. They were backed with green patterned paper, and glittered with Cosmic Shimmer Aqua Twinkles.  A larger piece of the card was embossed with the Embossalicious 6x6 Floral Frenzy folder, and used to matt and layer the image. 

The floral swirls and foliage are Spellbinders, and the sentiment is from the Tim Holtz - Just Thoughts set stamped with Seedless Preserves DI.
I made the flowers with my melt pot and a silicone mould, and the pearls and ribbon are from my stash. The final touch was to bling the Faerie up with some more Aqua Twinkles. 

I would like to enter this into:
Artistic Inspirations - Anything Goes
Eclectic Ellapu - Wings (Pink Challenge)

I would love it if you would like to follow my blog - either through Blogger or by email. Or if you prefer Facebook - then you can 'like' my FB page called Papercraft By Carole.  Don't forget to leave me a message to let me know where you have signed up - and I'll pop by and say thank you.

Take care,

Cxxx

1 comment:

  1. fab creation and the image is a great one to use, got me thinking over what l have now, anyway its stunning,thanks for joining us over on artistic inspirations x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx