About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Friday 14 February 2014

Double Trouble!!

Goodness me - what a day!! The rain hasn't let up all - have just seen on Twitter that Dorset was one of the wettest spots in the country today - with 31mm of rain in 12 hours!! A lot of schools had staff training days today - my nieces included. So I started my day with a 2 mile rain run accompanied by my 13 year old niece. Her fitness is improving so much - and today she ran the whole time without stopping. And more importantly without moaning or whinging!! Also had a lovely pub lunch with my parents and both nieces!! But now I'm sitting writing this, listening to the wind howling, and hoping that the trees at the bottom of the garden are still standing in the morning. A panel has already come out of the greenhouse and the garden is flooded. We're nowhere near as bad as a lot of people - so have to count our blessings. 

Anyway, onto crafty stuff. These are the cards I made for my the second birthday of my friend's twins. They are the most gorgeous pair - and I love spending time with them. But they can be a pair of pickles when they put their minds to it! Hence - double trouble!!

The toppers are from the Kanban Birth and Celebration set called 'Babies Cuddly Friends'. I love the natural colours of the toppers and stuck to the beige/kraft and cream tones for both cards. 

The base card is Papermill Buff (Kraft), whilst the decorative piece is from the matching cardstock in the set. The Mink Centura Pearl strips and mats are embossed with Grand MBossabilities Dainty Dots folder.
On Harley's card, I used the Teddy topper. The strip of Centura Pearl was wrapped with a wide cream satin ribbon, and a thinner brown ribbon with gold stars. I also chose darker brown and caramel tones of buttons from my stash. The original buttons from the patterned card were glazed with Glossy Accents, as were the Teddy's ears and eyes.
For Layla's card, I used the Rabbit topper, and kept the colours lighter. On the Centura Pearl strip. I layed a piece of spotty cream ribbon next to some cream grosgrain. And the buttons were all cream and beige tones. As well as the buttons on the card, I also glazed the heart balloons.

For both cards, I cut the number and letters with XCut dies.

I would like to enter these cards into:
Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges - Monochrome (hope this counts)
Simon Says Stamp - Get Krafty (base card is Kraft)

Back soon,
Cxxxx

4 comments:

  1. hanks for your kind comment on my blog! Stopped by to return the compliment! Your cards are both adorable! Great design!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazingly detailed Carole! I love the curvy button border. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, these are adorable and beautifully done, Carole! The twins will cherish these forever. I love that they're complementary but different. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Get Krafty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How gorgeous!

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty and I hope we see you again soon!

    Hugz

    Laurian

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx