About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Saturday 22 February 2014

Bright and cheerful!!



Bright and cheerful sums up a lot of things for me today!! The weather is definitely brighter - which always makes me cheerful! And today's parkrun was brilliant - not just because of the fab weather - but because I smashed my personal best by 45 seconds!! So that has also made me cheerful!! And things are starting to grow in my greenhouse - I just love it when those green shoots start pushing through!! 

And alongside all of the great new growth in there, my long suffering fuchsias are holding their own! They do end up fending a little for themselves over the worst of the winter - but they seem to have got used to being dumped in the greenhouse - and always come out bright and cheerful in the spring. Which leads me to today's card. Definately bright!! And hopefully cheerful!! 

My fuchsias have given me the inspiration for taking part in I love Promarkers challenge this week. It's a sketch challenge - and I really love the layout. Added incentive is that they are sponsored this week by Just Inklined - and I am becoming very fond of their digi stamps (remember my Shoes and Handbag card from a few weeks ago?). 

I have used a freebie digi from Just Inklined called (no surprise) Fuchsia!! I've not really coloured flowers in with my Promarkers before, but thought I would give it a go! I stuck to very traditional fuchsia colours - the candy pink and dark purple variety!! The colours I used are: Carmine, Cerise, Baby Pink, Sugar Plum, Aubergine, Amethyst, Olive Green, Marsh Green, Apple Cider, Green Shoot, Lime Zest, Soft Lime, Denim Blue and Pastel Blue. I cut the image out with the large circle from Crafter's Companion Chantilly Lace Stamping Frame set. 
The purple base card is from my local market - and I embossed the whole sheet with my Grand MBossabilities folder to give it texture. I then inked over the raised areas with Seedless Preserves DI, before scoring with my Ultimate. The pink circle is cut from C&C Texture Effect card with large Chantilly Stamping Frame, and inked with Worn Lipstick DI. This was mounted onto more purple card as I wanted it to show through. I decided to add some more layers between the image and frame, and used two Spellbinders dies - a circle, and a Lacy circle. The yellowy/green card is Bazzill - as is the light blue. I embossed the purple circle with the bottom part of CC's  Embossabilities Elegance folder, and inked with DI.
To create the strips at the top and bottom, I used Spellbinders Triple Scallop Edgeabilities to cut the yellowy/green card, embossed with CC's Regency Swirl folder and inked with Crushed Olive DI. The pink card was cut with two of the inserts from the Edgeabilities Decorative Inserts 6, and backed with more purple card. The finishing touches include Glossy Accents, Cosmic Shimmer Aqua Twinkles, Card Candy and two butterflies from the waste of the border. 

So, I would like to enter this into:
I love Promarkers - Follow this Sketch

See you soon,
Cxx

1 comment:

  1. Super card Carole and a fabulous take on this weeks sketch!Thanks for joining us at ILPM this time.
    hugs
    laney DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx