About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Monday 27 January 2014

What's in a name?

Well, having put myself through it on Wednesday, I woke up Friday feeling like a cold was coming on. By Saturday morning I knew I was right - but still made the effort to do parkrun. As lunchtime approached I felt as rough as you like. Have ended up spending Sunday and Monday in bed. Am feeling somewhat better now - am back working tomorrow - so hopefully will be OK.

Anyway, I make birthday cards for a lot of my friend's children - and sometimes struggle to come up with a unique theme. Here's one I made a liitle while ago, and this time, I went just for the name. 
The A5 blue base card is made from my stash. I then chose the papers I wanted to use. Surprisingly, the ones I chose came from Papermania's 'The Little Cake Shop' collection. Not all the papers are cupcakes and girly colours! A long time ago I bought a set of very large letter stencils. I used them to cut out the letters in the three colours. I then mounted them onto another piece of the blue card, and cut round them. 

I then used the same three papers to create the mats and layers. The wide red satin, green gingham and blue ric-rac ribbons are all from my stash, as are the buttons and clear dew drops (I took the photo before the glue was dry - so they look white!!) Sam was very please with his card - and it is now stuck to his bedroom door!

I would like to enter this into:
Send A Smile 4 Kids: Anything Goes (For Kids)
Alphabet Challenge: Y - Young card for a little one (I hope being 9, classes as a little one)

Back soon,
Cxxx

3 comments:

  1. can't beat a personalised card, especially if they have an unusual name, hope you are feeling better soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love the name idea. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card. So adorable and personal.

    Thanks for joining us at alphabet Challenge Blog.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx