About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Wednesday 8 January 2014

Layer Happy!! Embossing Mad!!

My brother-in-law likes cycling. So this year, I though I would use that theme for his birthday card. I had a cycling topper from a Kanban kit - and being green and white(ish) it also fitted well with his love of Yeovil football club.  
I made the base card from a piece from my stash, and embossed it with one side of the Dainty Dots Grand Embossabilities. The layers are made from another piece of the green card, silver/grey Bazzill, white Bazzill and the beige is DCWV (I think).   

As you can see, I have used a lot of layers (8 in total). I don't know why. I just got a bit carried away. I also embossed the green layers - one, with the other side of the Dainty Dots folder, and two others with either side of the the Garden Lattice Embossabilities. Mad, I know - but I just wanted different textures.

The letters are cut using XCut Abracadabra alphabet die. I don't often use this die, as it is difficult to get through the machine - but I though it best reflected the words that are on the topper. I finished off with a few buttons from the new Do Crafts Sew Lovely range.

One of my new year's resolutions is to increase the number of followers on my blog. If you've chanced upon me - for whatever reason - please consider following me. I would be very grateful.

I would like to enter this into the following:
Creative Craft Challenges2 - Anything Goes
Through the Craftroom Door - Anything Goes
The Crazy Challenge - Cards for Men

See you soon.
Cxxx

2 comments:

  1. Your brother in law will love the card. I like the way you have created the shadow effect with the letters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge. Regards, Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx