About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Saturday 4 January 2014

Happy New Year - Resolutions!!

Happy New Year one and all! Hope you have had a positive start to the New Year - and that this will continue throughout! My New Year started with a 5K Park Run - in the rain! Was very wet and muddy!! 
I am not a great runner - have always pootled around Race for Life each year - it's never been a passion of mine. However, since I have lost a bit of weight, I have found running (or shuffling faster than a walking pace!) is a great way to keep the weight off. I am not very fast - but at Park Run it's the participation that counts. Check it out - there's sure to be a Park Run local to you!!

On to things crafty, I have made a few resolutions this year. 
1 - I want to try to blog at least once a week. 
2- I am going to try NOT to buy new things unless they are for a commission or a special present that I am making. 
3- And I want to boost my number of blog followers up to the 100 mark. 

The first one is just a matter of me getting on and doing it! The second - sounds great in theory (considering the amount of stash I have) - but we'll see how it goes in practice. I could fall at the first hurdle, as am going to a workshop with Hels Sheridan next Saturday and just know there will be stuff I want!! The third one is more tricky. I am going to have to put some thought into it. I just feel that things have stagnated on my blog - hopefully posting more will be a start. Any suggestions are more than welcome!!  

So, with the first of my resolutions in mind, I have been trawling through all my photos, and have come up with quite a few that I never got round to sharing last year, so am going to start with one of those today.

This one is a Thank You card. I stamped the sentiment onto plain brown card with Perfect Medium, using Do Crafts Papermania Typography THANK YOU stamp. This was then embossed with gold embossing powder. I cut the image out with a Spellbinders Romantic Rectangle Die. I matted this onto a piece of pearl gold card - rounding the corners with my XCut corner punch. I love this card! I get it from my local market - it's a very muted gold - not brassy!! 
The decorative brown circle was cut using Spellbinders Splendid Circle die, mounted onto a gold circle. More matting and layering, a piece of ribbon from my stash, and three flowers (Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms) finished it off.
So, my first post for 2014 is complete!! Hopefully the first of many!!

I would like to enter this into:
Crafty Catz - 'Thank You' challenge.

Moving Along With The Times - Thank You
Cxxx

4 comments:

  1. Love the muted gold. Your card design is fabulous. Great job. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Nina, the roses are lovely. Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week. Claire MAWTT DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so beautiful! Thank you for joining us at MAWTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. great thank you card! good luck with the resolutions! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz! Kim x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx