About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Monday 28 October 2013

CCM #103 - Monochromatic Purple


Our theme this fortnight is Purple. Fiona would like to see projects that are all (or nearly all) purple - skin and hair colours are also allowed.  Our sponsors are Di's Digistamps who are offering a $10 gift voucher, and Hobby Art who are offering some gorgeous stamps. Pop over to the Crafty Cardmakers blog to check them out!

For this challenge I have made a card that was commissioned by a friend for her partner's Mum. I was asked for something floral and purple - so it seemed a perfect card for this challenge.

My base card is an 8" square white card. You can't see it as I totally covered it. The dark purple shimmery card is from a local market - it's really beautiful. I embossed this with Crafter's Companion Embossalicious 8x8 Chantilly Corner folder. I then used it to cover the base card completely.   

The scalloped square is cut from the C&C pastel textured effect card pad, which I then embossed with the Embossalicious 6x6 Swirl Corner folder. From the dark purple, I cut a mat using the largest of the Spellbinders Lace Doily Motif dies. The smaller, lighter mat is also from that set of dies.

I cut the letters for 'MUM' using my XCut Rome Alphabet die, while the numbers came from a very old Brenda Pinnick scrapbooking kit I bought from QVC eons ago. They were both coloured with my Lilac Promarker. 
The large, fabric flowers are something else that has been in my stash for a long time. They might have come from WHSmith, but I wouldn't swear to it. The smaller roses were a bargain from The Range. To finish it off I have used 3 Creative Expressions pearl hat pins, and the tiny pearls are Kanban.

Hopefully they will be happy with the card - I think it turned out quite well.

See you soon!
Cxxx

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card, the textures and layers look fabulous.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx