About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Thursday 12 September 2013

How cute!!

This card is my eldest step-daughter's birthday card!! This year I have used a digi image from DigiStamp Boutique called 'Barney and Flower' - chosen by her Dad. 

The brown base card is from my stash, and is embossed with Spellbinders Garden Lattice grand MBossability folder. I inked over this with Gathered Twigs DI to highlight the pattern. The green strip is edged with Classic Triple Scallop Edgeability, and I rounded the corners of the pink flowered card (DCWV Sweet mat stack) with my small X-Cut corner rounder!!  The reddish brown card is also DCWV (self adhesive) and was embossed in the same way as the base card.  I then cut a Splendid Circle from pink paper, cut it in half and arranged it slightly off-centre, behind the image.


The image was printed onto Joanna Sheen Elegance card and coloured with Promarkers:
Dog - Morning Mist, March Hare, Tawny Owl, Terracotta, Walnut
Grass/Leaves - Fresh Meadow, Apple, Forest Green
Flower - Pink Mittens, Pink Carnation, Pink Lobster, Wild Cranberry
I cut the image with a Spellbinders Labels 3 die, and I inked it whilst still in the die, with Picked Raspberry DI. All the elements were edges with Gathered Twigs DI, and the lettering was cut using my X-Cut Rome Alphabet Die. I finished it off with some pink pearls and green gingham ribbon from my stash.

Cxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx