About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Tuesday 19 June 2012

For my Dad!

I've finally got round to blogging the card I made my Dad for Father's Day. He's a keen gardener, so I decided to use the three small toppers from Kanban - All About Him - Escape to the Allotment! One of the images had the 'With Love' sentiment foiled in gold, and so decided I wanted to make a focal point of that particular one. 


I firstly mounted it on a small piece of the taupe card from Creative Expressions Neutral pack. I then used the Spellbinders Lace Doily motif cut in gold mirror card, and finally a Lacey Square in the taupe card. The other two toppers were offset onto smaller Lacey Squares. 

The strip across the middle consists of green card (same as the base card) embossed with That Special Touch Large Polka Dots mask (it's a bit difficult to see against the green background). On top of that are strips of gold mirror card and taupe card. The top green layer is embossed with That Special Touch Polka Dots mask (I do rather like polka dots - I have the Small Polka Dots mask too!!!) 

I then stamped 'DAD' and 'on Fathers Day' straight onto the base card (a bit brave for me) using Dovecraft Clear Roman alphabet stamps and clear embossing ink, and embossed with Crafters Companion gold embossing powder.

He did rather like this card and jokingly asked when I'd taken the pictures of him to use!!

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Desmet Designs - For the Men and Boys
Their's Magic In The Air - One for the Boys
Dream Valley Challenges - For that Special Guy

Back soon with another creation!!
Cxxx

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous male card, I love those die cut frames. Thank you for joining in with the Desmet Designs Challenge
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow I love the frames and perfect images for a male card, thanks for joining us at Desmet Designs good luck
    Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card!! Thanks for joining us at There's Magic in the Air!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx