About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Wednesday 25 April 2012

Feeling Funky!!!

You may be wondering what's making me feel funky!! It certainly isn't the after effect of teaching Year 6 today, believe me!! It is, however, the fact that Funky Hand have a Design Team call going on at the moment - and I thought I'd apply!! Part of the application is to post a couple of projects that I am particularly proud of, in order that my style of crafting can be seen. Now, as you can see, I've technically included more than a 'couple' but it was difficult to choose just two.

It was the Funky Wordbooks CD that first got me interested in Anice's work so I have to include one. This is using the Blue Magic selection from the Dreams Come True CD: 





My next choice is a 8" boxed wedding card that a friend commissioned me to make. This was my first foray into using embossing paste - and I love the Dreamweaver stencil. I love this because of the white on white textured layers which makes the red heart pop out!!





I am a great fan of Sheena Douglass' Paint Fusion, and have made lots of fusion-ed items to give to friends for their birthdays. One of these friends asked me to make some coasters for her to give to her Mum. The problem was she wanted a full bloom rose. Now, this was before Sheena brought out her Rose Bloom, so I had to come up with something myself. Working from a photo, I came up with this. I'm really proud of being able to take all the techniques I had learnt from Sheena, and translate them into producing this.






I've put this one in , as I was proud of myself for trying something new with it!! I used my sewing machine to stitch down the sides! I also created it with just white card and one ink pad!! Quite a feat for me!!




And finally, I have to be proud of this card, as it is the card I won my first (and -it has to be said -my only) Challenge with. And yes - it was the Funky Hand 'Blue' challenge earlier in the year




So, there you have it!! I will just have to keep my fingers crossed and will let you know what happens.


Cxxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx