About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Sunday 25 March 2012

Happy Aniversary!!

The last couple of weeks have been very busy! Nearly two full weeks of supply teaching - some days more stressful than others!! But it was broken up by a great visit to The Wild Garlic in Beaminster - owned and run by Masterchef 2009 winner, Mat Follas!! Incredibly good food and wine, in a great atmosphere. My favourites were the lamb with wild garlic pesto, and the scrummy bitter chocolate fondant!! Well worth a visit if you're over that way!!  Check out his new venture with Dorset Wildlife Trust here!!

Onto a recent make!! This card was made specially for my lovely Brother-in-law and Sister-in-law for their recent Wedding Anniversary!! Congratulations Fred and Tina - glad you liked it!!!


I started with a Craftwork Cards white 'top notch' size 6 card. The sentiment was stamped onto Neenah card using Coffee Archival Ink, and my Forever Friends Hand Script Alphabet clear stamp set. I rounded the corners with an X-Cut punch, and inked the edges with Mustard Seed DI. The yellow card is Bazzil, the edges of which I cut using Spellbinders Classic Bracket Edgeability. The decorative patterns were cut using inserts from both the Bracket and Postage stamp sets. The sentiment was mounted on a brown scalloped oval, and I also stuck the same brown card behind the decorative patterns. I also inked the edges of the yellow card with Walnut Stain DI.

The finishing touches include a length of yellow satin ribbon wrapped around the middle, a yellow fabric flower (WH Smith I think), topped with a white fabric daisy. And of course, a sprinkling of white flat backed pearls.

I have been making a few cards for my website just recently. They will be loaded there soon, and I will be sharing them over the next week or two. Feel free to pop over to have look to see what's there so far!!

I would like to enter this card into the following challenge:

CCEE Stampers - CCEE1212 - Focus on the sentiment


Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx