About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Sunday 11 March 2012

For My Mum!!

What a week!! Such a rollercoaster of emotions with things going on at home and and in my work life!! Suffice to say there has been little time to craft. The card I'm sharing with you today was started over a week ago - but I found time today to finish it off. It's my Mother's Day card for my Mum - she's a bit of a technophobe - so no worries about her seeing this before the day.

I loved the Butterfly and Thistle image I used for the last Crafty Cardmakers Challenge, and decided to use it for this card too - even to the point of painting it in the same colours!!


This time, I decided to leave out the design paper, and used Hunkydory silk art card so I could make a feature of the scroll stamped in the corner. The edge at the bottom is cut using a Spellbinders Classic Triple Scallop Edgeability, with an insert from the Classic Petal set. The black background and the green mats are both cut from Bazzil cardstock.


The wording was stamped using my Forever Friends Alphabet set, and inked (liked the main image) with Dusty Concord and Bundled Sage DI's.


The finishing touch on the outside of the card is the organza ribbon in lilac and green. And on the inside 'Happy Mother's Day!!'


Hopefully the next few weeks will be a little more settled and I will get time for more crafting!! Here's hoping!!

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges.

Dream Valley Challenges - Mother's Day

Craft Your Days Away - Mother's Day

One Stop Craft Challenge - Mother's Day with Ribbon

Be back soon (hopefully)!

Cxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Really great card! The image is great I love that butterfly!

    Thanks for joining us at CYDA for our Mothers Day Challenge, hope you come back and play along with us again soon!

    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your Mum will love this Carole.

    Sorry I haven't been by in a while as I have also been uber busy at home.

    While I am here, thanks for joining us at Dream Valley!

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx