About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Sunday 2 October 2011

Steampunk - My style!!

So, I can now reveal my other make as today is Amy's birthday and she has already seen the card. When I saw the new Kanban Steampunk collection, I knew that this was what I wanted to use for her 18th birthday card. But as I'm not completely into the steampunk concept, I did it my way!!


For the base card I used a sheet from the DCWV Luxury Cardstock Stack. I used an image from the Kanban Steampunk Catalina sheet, mounted onto brown Bazzil card, and then onto the same aqua card as the base. I the cut a rectangle of the brown Bazzil and cut either side with X Cut Rosa Border Die. The top layers of the decoupage (the top hat and the skirt layer) were glittered with Rock Candy Distress Stickles. I made the flowers in the same way as for the Carnaby Street card - circles of the aqua card cut into spirals, rolled up and glued. The letters were cut with X Cut Roma Dieliciious Alphabet die, and the numbers from an old set of X Cut lower case alphabet dies. And as ever, finished with Celebrations organza ribbon.

Hopefully next time I blog I will be able to share the wedding invitations I am currently working on.

Cxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx