About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Saturday 1 October 2011

Carnaby Street

Just a quick post to show a recent make - it's not the best photo, but hopefully you get the idea. I was asked by my niece if I would make a card for her friend's birthday. She left it all up to me, apart from wanting her name and age on the card. I immediately thought of the Kanban Carnaby Street collection - and that, in turn, gave me my colour scheme.


For the base card I used red card from my stash. I mounted a sheet of paper from the Papermania Persimmon Collection A5 pad onto black glitter card. A quarter of a Kanban Carnaby Street Union Jack A4 sheet was firstly mounted onto silver mirror card and then onto black glitter card. The Carnaby Street A6 mat was mounted in the same way. The flowers were made from circles of card, cut into spirals, then rolled up and glued. This was all finished off with organza ribbon from my stash, and letters cut using X-Cut Smoothie Dielicious Die. The numbers are cut using an old set of X Cut alphabet dies.

Have another recent make to post - but can't do so until after tomorrow when the card will have been received.

So, see you later.

Cxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx