About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Tuesday 9 August 2011

Take Note!!!

I thought things would slow down once I finished work. That I would have time to craft at my leisure, whilst ably tending the garden, making the house sparkle and gleam, baking gorgeous creations and cooking mouthwatering dinners for when my husband arrived home from a busy day at work!! Ha!!! The house is a mess, the garden is just about holding its own against the onslaught of weeds, and I nearly ruined his tastebuds with too much chilli in what was supposed to be a sophisticated seafood pasta!! Oh, and I didn't cook the apples quite enough, so the apple and blackberry crumble (yes I did go blackberry picking - and I made my own crumble mix!!!) was, shall we say, a little firm!!!

But I have been busy crafting away, so I suppose I can't have it all. I do have some urgent cards for family to create - they are all in various stages of preparation - but as ever, I have so many projects on the go, that I sometimes loose track.

So, I  have been busy working away in preparation for the Craft Fair on 27th August - and here are my latest creations!! Notebooks!!!! I made some other designs for last Christmas, but have checked and realised I didn't blog about them.   
A5 - Pink & Gold - Butterflies

 I have made a variety of sizes - from 8"x8" down to 4"x4". All the covers are made from chipboard, painted with Eco Green Acrylic Paint. The final articles are sprayed with Crafters Companion Spray and Shine (although the 8"x8" are a bit glitzier with Iridescent Spray and Sparkle), and bound on my Zutter Bind It All, with Bind It All wires.



This A5 example is painted in Aged Gold, and the pink swirl backing card is from DCWV Luxury Cardstock Stack. The flower and butterfly motifs are from some packs I bought ages ago in a supermarket!!


8"x8" - Lilac & Lemon - Flowers & Butterflies
The 8"x8" is painted in Lilac. The backing card is a plain purple cardstock I had in my stash, along with a piece of lilac gingham card bought from my local market. The large scalloped circles are cut from DCWV Sweet Stack. And again, the butterflies and flowers are from that supermarket purchase.



A6 - Chocolate - Cupcake Tag

The A6 Chocolate notebook is painted in Mulch (love the name of that colour!!), with the chocolate brown backing card from WRMK White Out collection. The green is a scrap I think came from another DCWV card stack, and the yellow is from the Sweet stack
 
The tag is from DCWV Sweet chipboard elements, with scraps of ribbon from my stash!!


4"x4" - Chocolate Orange - Starfish
The little chocolate orange notebook is 4"x4", painted in Pumpkin!!  The chocolate backing card is from the Sweet stack with the orange from WRMK White Out collection. I have no idea where I got the starfish from - there were some shells too - they've been in my stash for so long, just waiting for a suitable project.


Finally, this blue notebook is A5 in size, and once again features the butterflies and flowers mentioned earlier. The patterned card is from Kanban, and the yellow card is a piece of Bazzil.
A5 - Blue & Yellow - Butterflies

 All the cards are filled with approximately 80 sheets of blank paper (80gsm). All of this is hand cut by me on my trusy guillotine.

There are several others along the same vein - butterflies and flowers, cupcakes, and the seaside, but once again, Blogger has a mind of its own and is turning the photos on their side again - so won't give you neck ache this time.

I am still toying with the idea of putting the notebooks on my website, but will have to have a serious think about postage costs. So watch this space....

I will sign off here - until the next time!!
Cxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx