About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Thursday 4 August 2011

Keeping myself occupied!!

Having finished work just over a week ago, I've been keeping myself (and my husband) busy with all sorts of jobs around the house. The extension has been painted (mostly by my husband), the patio has been pressure washed (completely by my husband), the veg patch has been rescued from disappearing under the weeds (that was totally by me), the front and back lawns have been mown (husband again), and the flower bed and pots have been weeded, tidied and rearranged (me again!!). Just the windows to be washed, and parts of the bathroom tiles to be re-grouted.

Today has been a day of rest. Although I did try out my new Zumba disc on the Wii (I use the term "new" very loosely as I've had it for months and it hadn't, until today, actually made it out of the box) - and he went for a 6 mile run!! But a friend visited in the afternoon, which called for tea and cakes (a selection of donuts, danish and buns), which rounded the day off brilliantly!!

So, in amongst all of that, I have been looking into filling my time with other things. Firstly, I have applied for a stall at Studland Country Fair on Saturday 27th August - will post more details when I get confirmation. I am also looking into getting a stall at Highcliffe Castle for their Christmas Craft Fair on December 3rd, and hopefully I'll be at Putlake Adventure Farm again this year. I am continuting my search for suitable places to sell my stuff - and to hopefully promote the website - so will update you with my progress.

In addition, I have been asked to do a card making demo for a Ladies' Night in September. I am awaiting the details, but am quite excited about it.

With all these things in the pipeline, I have started work on new notebooks, with other things planned, including some new gift bags!!

And I've decided to go a bit more up-market with my "point-of-sale packaging"!! Ooooh errrr missus!! Basically, I have bought some bog standard takeaway-style white paper bags with handles, and some of the small paper bags like you used to get in the greengrocers!! I have customised them with my logo, printed onto labels and stuck onto the bags. Not quite your Harrods standard - but a step up from handing out supermarket carrier bags!!! Oh, and you will be able to use them as "shopping baskets" at the next card party - yes I did listen!!!

So, as I get the new items completed, I will post more info. And I'll keep you up to date with where I will be and when.

Speak soon.

Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx