About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Saturday 10 April 2010

The Beginning

The purpose of this blog is to help me make sense of all the mysteries and vagaries of setting up a website. I always find writing things down helps me to think.

I currently make greetings cards as a bit of a side line - most unprofitable as I can never quite resist all the latest bits and bobs that come out. I have an almighty stash - both of stuff and cards I have made.

My lovely friends think I'm quite good at it - they're my best customers - and I have been encouraged to try to sell to a wider audience. As I work full time - and some quite odd hours, getting out and about to the craft fairs etc is not really feasible, and so I have embarked on this (ad)venture to try selling my wares on the Internet.

I have to say that I have been prevaricating over this for quite some time. It's quite something to put your creations out there - if people don't like them it feels like a personal rejection. But, now I have decided to take the plunge, I have found myself pondering on something much more complex. What do I call the website?

Having already got a logo (the one at the top of the page) that I use on my "Handmade" stickers, I wanted something either to link with it - or that wouldn't fight with it. I've been through all the obvious names, but pretty much anything with "craft" in it is already taken. I even tried some really left field ideas - "quercus" means oak (like my leaves) but variations of that have been done.

Another of my interests is researching my family tree, and I have one distant relative whose name was Aquila. Looking it up on the Internet it linked to the Bible and a lovely quote "bloom where you are planted". Great, I thought. Surely no-one would be using aquila as a website name. No such luck - 8 different websites on the first google page!! So I have decided to be completely unoriginal and stick to what I started with on my original "Handmade" stickers - Papercraft By Carole. Hopefully, it'll "do what it says on the tin"!.

Having made that momentous decisions (which also has also allowed me to finally set up my blog), I'm going to go outside and enjoy this lovely sunshine in the garden. Hopefully everything I put in will "bloom where it was planted"..

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx